Vivocin Ultra Gentle Cleanser 50 ml
The Ultra Gentle Cleanser is developed to gently cleanse the skin. It contains a high level of dexpanthenol that is documented to lock in moisture and gently support the skins natural regeneration process and barrier restauration*.
Its non-rinse formula also makes it ideal for cleaning hard to reach areas. Thanks to its very gentle and high performing formula it can also be used as a daily cleanser or as an on the go product to cleanse or sooth the skin.
- Gentle skin cleanser with 5 % dexpanthenol
- Non rinse off formula for maximum convenience, even in hard to reach places
- Supports the skins natural regeneration process and barrier restauration
- Clinically tested and proven to be safe, effective and gentle
- 0% mineral oil, fragrance, colorants, alcohol, parabens and lanolin (from sheep)
- Made in Switzerland
Clinically tested and proven:
- Safe, effective and well tolerated by the skin
ApplicationSimply spray the cleanser directly on the skin, gently massage with a clean a tissue or towel to release dirt and grease. No need to rinse off with water!
IngredientsThis product contains:
- 5 % Dexpanthenol that supports the natural regeneration of the skin and restores the skin barrier.
- 95 % natural ingredients
- 0 % mineral oil, fragrance, colorant, alcohol, paraben, aluminum
Dexpanthenol / Vitamin B5
- Commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry for wound healing and is one of the most well researched and documented ingredients in dermatology
- Provides several proven benefits for wound healing, eczema, irritated and dry skin
- Supports the barrier restauration of the skin and it’s natural regeneration process as well as locking in moisture for a hydrating effect.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect
Treatment with a dexpanthenol-containing cream has shown significantly enhanced skin barrier repair and stratum corneum hydration, while reducing skin roughness and inflammation*.
Further beneficial effects of dexpanthenol have been observed in patients who have undergone skin transplantation, scar treatment or therapy for burn injuries and different dermatoses. Topical dexpanthenol acts like a moisturizer, improving stratum corneum hydration, reducing transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and maintaining skin softness and elasticity. Dexpanthenol also stimulates the activation of fibroblast proliferation, which is of relevance in wound healing. Accelerated re-epithelization in wound healing, monitored by means of the TEWL as an indicator of the intact epidermal barrier function, has also been seen**.
Dexpanthenol has an anti-inflammatory effect and considerably improves the symptoms of skin irritation, such as itching, dryness, roughness, scaling, erosion/fissures. Topical administration of dexpanthenol preparations is well tolerated, with minimal risk of skin irritancy or sensitization **
* Proksch E PMID: 19753737
** Ebner F PMID: 12113650
- Used for centuries for its anti-inflammatory and protective properties
- Protects the skin against external toxins and UV rays
- Restores the skins natural strength and resilience
Several clinical studies have proven the efficacy of edelweiss to protect the skin against damage induced by oxidative stress as well as reinforce its defense against pathogens. Edelweiss extracts have a high concentration of flavonoids and phenolic acid that aid to fight UV-induced damage and make it an ideal constituent of sun blocks. The same constituents that protect the flower from strong ultraviolet rays at high altitudes also protect our skin from sun damage*.
Vivocin only sources edelweiss from Eco certified Swiss organic farms.
* For their investigations of the anti-inflammatory effects of Leontopodium alpinum Prof. Dr. H. Stuppner (University of Innsbruck)
Swiss spring water
Thermal water has been used for thousands of years to treat various dermatological issues. Thanks to its purifying effect and antioxidant properties, thermal water is the very suitable to provide solutions for sensitive or atypical skin types. Due to its soothing properties it can relieve the skin from dryness, irritation and itchiness. Rashes due to eczema, rosacea and psoriasis will become less noticeable and can possibly disappear completely.
Vivocin uses only Swiss spring water in its products. We source our water from the alpine region, far away from the pollution and contamination that can be found in more urban areas.
Vivocin offers a high performance medical skin repair range that include many of the proven ingredients that are used in the pharmaceutical wound healing industry. The formulas are developed to support effective and gentle healing after dermatological procedures like permanent make-up, tattoos and laser treatments.
The Vivocin range contains:
- a very high level of active ingredients that also make it suitable for more common issues like superficial burns, itchy, irritated or dry skin
- mainly natural ingredients respecting both the consumers and environment
- pure spring water sourced from the Swiss alps known for its calming and soothing properties
- 0% mineral oil, fragrance, colorant, alcohol, paraben
The SkinThe Skin's Function and Structure
The skin is the largest organ in the human body making up about 16% of the total body weight. Its most important function is to form a physical barrier to the environment allowing and limiting the inward and outward passage of water and various substances. It also provides protection against mechanically induced injury, micro-organisms, UV radiation and toxins (e.g. pollution). It consists of three structural layers, the epidermis, dermis and subcutis (or hypodermis). The epidermis is the outer layer, serving as the physical barrier between the body and the external environment. The dermis is a deeper layer providing structural support to the skin while the subcutis makes up the very inner layer and is an important depo of fat.
The skin constantly renews itself, the complete cycle takes about 28 days. Skin cells gradually move from the inner layer to the epidermis where they eventually die and are released from the skin. Vivocin products are created to enable you to take care of your skin like it takes care of you.
The Skin and dermatological procedures
The skin is in constant contact with the external elements like cold, heat, extreme dryness. This can put a strain to the skin causing irritation, redness and itch. In the same way certain dermatological or medical procedures can negatively impact the skin. It will then need some extra attention and support to get healed. Permanent cosmetics, tattoos and laser treatments are examples of procedures that require special after-care to ensure the healing of the skin as well as ensuring the results of the procedure are as good as possible.
There are many ways to measure the health of the skin. One of the most common measures to assess wound healing is Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL). It measures the amount of moisture that the skin releases. Due to its weakened structure damaged or scared skin releases more water than healthy strong skin. Avoiding excessive water loss is instrumental to the healing of skin. All Vivocin products are designed to support the skin by decreasing TEWL.